Sustainable Cities and Communities
For MY World 360°, your challenge is to use 360° media to capture your perspectives and experiences related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Don’t know where to get started? Try taking a 360° photo in response to Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities using the quick-start guide below. For additional support, see the full MY World 360° Program Guide.
About Goal 11:
Goal 11 seeks to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. You can read more about Sustainable Cities and Communities here.
Before taking your 360° photo, consider the following questions:
- What does it mean for a city or community to be inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable?
- What examples of inclusion, safety, resiliency or sustainability can you find in your city or community? Where in your city or community could these be improved?
- How might you use a 360° photo to share perspectives and raise awareness about sustainable cities and communities?
Give it a shot!
- Step 1: Prepare
- You can take a 360° photo with your smartphone using any 360° photography app. You can use Google Street View to take 360° photos and share them anywhere on the web. You may also take a photo using a 360° camera.
- Step 2: Consider perspectives
- Who in your community is working to make your community or city sustainable? How might you capture their work in a 360° photo?
- People in your community may have different experiences related to the targets of SDG 11. How might you capture their experiences in a 360° photo?
- Step 3: Experiment
- Go out and take your photo! If you need a little inspiration to get started, check out this 360°photo related to affordable housing. Use hashtags #myworld360 and #sdg11 to share your photo with us on social media! Submit it for consideration in the MY World 360° global playlist using this Submission Form.
Interested in creating a 360° video? Check out the 360° Production Guide for additional tools and resources related to 360° video production and photography.