For MY World 360°, your challenge is to use 360° media to capture your perspectives and experiences related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Don’t know where to get started? Try taking a 360° photo in response to Goal 5: Gender Equality using the quick-start guide below. For additional support, see the full MY World 360° Program Guide.
About Goal 5:
Goal 5 seeks ways to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. You can read more about Gender Equality here.
Before taking your 360° photo, consider the following questions:
- What does the empowerment of women and girls look like in your community?
- What are the barriers to achieving gender equality in your community?
- Who is working toward ensuring gender equality in your community?
- How might you use a 360° photo to share perspectives and raise awareness about gender equality in your community?
Give it a shot!
- Step 1: Prepare
- You can take a 360° photo with your smartphone using any 360° photography app. You can use Google Street View to take 360° photos and share them anywhere on the web. You may also take a photo using a 360° camera.
- Step 2: Consider perspectives
- How might you capture what it looks like to empower women and girls in your community in a 360° photo?
- How might you capture how people in your community experience barriers to gender quality in a 360° photo?
- How might you capture the perspective of someone working locally to achieve gender equality in a 360° photo?
- Step 3: Experiment
- Go out and take your photo! If you need a little inspiration to get started, check out this resource on why achieving gender equality is important. Use hashtags #myworld360 and #sdg5 to share your photo with us on social media! Submit it for consideration in the MY World 360° global playlist using this Submission Form.
Interested in creating a 360° video? Check out the 360° Production Guide for additional tools and resources related to 360° video production and photography.