Tips and Common Pitfalls During Production
If you’ve created an effective production plan (see “Create a Production Plan”), you should have a relatively smooth production phase. However, surprises and unexpected opportunities always come up! Here’s a handy list of tips for how to have a great production experience, and common pitfalls to avoid.
During production, DO:
- Find interesting ways to make all areas surrounding the camera interesting (front, back, sides, above, below)
- Control the location so random people aren’t interrupting your set visually or aurally
- Capture multiple takes and watch them in the phone before moving onto a new setup or wrapping production
During production, DON’T:
- Underestimate the power of sound (if audio is important to the final product, consider how you will capture it on set)
- Leave the camera unattended or unsecured.
- Put the safety of your crew, your cast or yourself at risk