Behind the Scenes
Discover the perspectives of the student producers in the 360° Story Lab (360 Filmmakers Challenge and MY World 360°) by taking a behind-the-scenes look at students’ films and the participant stories behind them:
- Breaking Barriers – Set in Parkville High School, the 360° film Breaking Barriers reveals the inner thoughts of a student struggling with anxiety on the first day at a new school. In this behind-the-scenes look at their film, we see how the students created Breaking Barriers and the impression the film left on their school’s guidance counselor.
- Raised by Charlottesville – Set at Charlottesville High School in Charlottesville, Virginia, the 360° film Raised by Charlottesville explores the community through the past and present day eyes of a young woman. In this behind-the-scenes look at their film, we see how the students collaborated to create a unique view of the community they grew up in before leaving for college.
- The Drama Community – Set at Menlo-Atherton High School in Atherton, California, the 360° film The Drama Community explores the life cycle of a high school theater production through the eyes of its director. In this behind-the-scenes look at his film, we see how the student created a unique view of the theater community he calls “a second family.”
- The Fakes – Set at Monticello High School in Charlottesville, Virginia, the 360° film The Fakes is a narrative story that shows how bullying can lead to suicide. In this behind-the-scenes look at their film, we see how the students created The Fakes, their personal history with bullying and the impression the film left on their school’s librarian.
- Borderline – The 360° film Borderline: Crossing the Border, Reaching the Dream shares the perspective of a student who took on the responsibilities of a parent after her mother was deported. In this behind-the-scenes look at their film, we see how she and her teammates joined together around the topic of immigration and how telling her story empowered her to use her personal experience to help others.
- The Tour – Students at the Utica Center for Science and Industry in Sterling Heights, Michigan produced an award-winning 360° film called The Tour. In it, students take over the classroom on the eve of a standardized test, leading viewers on a tour of their unique educational experience and explaining why creativity should be emphasized. This behind-the-scenes look at their film shares an example of powerful learning where the teacher takes a step back and allows students to guide their own creative process.
- Privileges – Students from Germany and Kenya came together to create a 360° experience called Privileges focusing on Sustainable Development Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities.