Challenges start with big ideas. In this project, we’ll start with the Big Idea of Media.
Big idea: Media
Essential Question: How can we make a difference in our communities with media?
Challenge: Make an impact on an issue you care about with 360° video.
- What is “media”?
- How does media send a message? What kinds of media are effective at sending a message?
- How can I identify an audience for a piece of media? Would the piece of media have a different effect on someone different from me?
- What is community? Why do communities exist, and why do they matter?
- What communities am I a part of? How do my communities shape who I am?
- How is my community special? What should other people know about my community that they might not already?
- How do communities support young people?
- What is the impact I want to make?
- What other questions do you have?
This project is about making an impact with media, using 360° video in particular. Your impact can be big or small, for many people or just for one person, but you should have a clear idea about what your message is before you start.
Part Two: Investigate